Friday, August 5, 2011

Bread Pudding - Yummy!

The other day, I attempted to cook bread pudding for the first time. I always wanted to learn how to make bread pudding and since I am living in the South, now, I felt that it was time for me to learn how to make it. Since I do not like if bread pudding is all gooey and mushy, I decided to alter some recipes I found to come up with my own bread pudding creation. VoilĂ , here it is:

1 Cinnamon Bagel (yes, I know... very unconventional... but soooo yummy!)
2 tsp. melted butter (for the pudding and the pan)
1 cup of milk
1 egg
a dash of cinnamon
and lots of love :)

1. Cut the bagel in small cubes.
2. Beat the egg with the milk and 1 tsp of melted butter. Add a dash of cinnamon for extra spice.
3. Soak the bagel pieces in the milk, egg, butter mixture for at least 30 min. In the mean time preheat the oven to 350° and butter a ramekin.
4. Pour bagel squares into the ramekin and pour remaining mixture over the bread.
5. Bake for 30 min. or until the top is golden brown.
Let stand for a couple of minutes before serving the bread pudding. Serves 2.

Instead of adding sugar, I sweetened this dish just with love. The cinnamon bagel was already so sweet. I could have added some sugar after baking if it had needed it, but I really liked it the way was.

If anybody who reads this has a real *authentic* bread pudding recipe from the South, I would love to hear about it. Just leave a comment. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment